Tijuana, Mex

Calle 3ra. #2217

Zona Centro

  Tijuana, B.C.,Mexico


U.S. (619) 308-7999

Copyright © 2013 DentalClark.com      Site Designed & Hosted by NetVet Web Design

(01152-664) 685-2632

New Requirements for U.S. Citizens to Re-Enter the United States from Mexico


Beginning January 31, 2008


U.S. and Canadian Citizens ages 19 and over will need to present a government-issued photo ID such as a Driver’s License, and proof of citizenship, such as a Birth Certificate to re-enter the United States from Mexico.  Again, it's very simple, at this time all you need is your Driver's License and your Birth Certificate.


You Will Not need a PASSPORT until June of 2009.


As an alternative to a Passport, starting February 1, 2008, U.S. Citizens have the option to apply for a wallet-sized “Passport Card” at U.S. Post Office’s for a reduced fee of $45 for adults and $35 for children.  Please be sure to check the actual fees as they may change.



U.S. Passport Information


Application for a passport may be made at a passport agency, many federal courts, state courts, probate courts, some county offices, some municipal offices, and some post offices.


First-time passport applicants must apply in person.  Applicants must present the following items at a passport facility:


COMPLETED FORM DSP-11:  Application for Passport (available at passport agencies, many travel agencies or on the Web).  This form may be completed in advance however it must be signed by you in person before a passport agent.


PROOF OF U.S. CITIZENSHIP:  You may use one of the following:  previous U.S. Passport; certified Birth Certificate issued by the city, county, or state; Consular Report of Birth Abroad; Naturalization Certificate; or Certificate of Citizenship.


PROOF OF IDENTITY:  Acceptable proof includes:  previous U.S. Passport; Naturalization Certificate; Certificate of Citizenship; current valid Driver’s License; government ID (city, state, federal); military ID (military dependents); work ID (must be currently employed by the company); student ID (must be currently enrolled); Merchant Marines card (also known as a “Seamen’s” or “Z” card); pilot or flight attendant ID.

Note:  Social Security cards are NOT acceptable as identification.


PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPHS:  You must provide 2-Passport photographs.


PAYMENT OF FEES:  Passport fee is $75 plus an Execution fee of $25 totaling $100 for adults (an adult is anyone 16 years or older).  This Passport is good for 10 years.  The fee for children under 16 years of age is $60 plus an Execution fee of $25 totaling $85.  A Childs Passport is good for 5 years.  The fee for Passport Renewals by mail is $75.  Please make sure you check the actual fees as they may change.

For more information go to the Web and log onto www.travel.state.gov.com (look under Passports).